Tuesday, April 07, 2009

So here I am in Santa Fe and...

...my biggest worry is how good the internet connection will be.  Forget the number of bugs in the bed (former phobia), the nature of the discoloration of the towels, the possibility of being mugged in the alley.  The stress that balls my stomach is all about connectivity.  After a 10 hour drive envying my fully-connected and online niece whose smartphone can effortlessly tell us intricate details about desert flora and fauna and more about local history than any E Clampus Vitus marker, all I want to do when I check in is get wired and find out what's going on in my internet world.  Salon ran this piece last week about the Freedom program that shuts off all internet access in some bizarre attempt to help people be more productive.  Oh, please!  Let me have my addiction.  It's nothing a two-day drive across the desert won't fix if needs be....

No comments:

Post a Comment